We have started working on different topics related to Microsoft Azure and following are covered till now. We will add more and update here:Exam Ref 70-533-What is Microsoft Azure
Contents of the book :
- Reference Architecture- Automating Microsoft Azure virtual machine deployment with Chef.
- Create Hosted Chef Account.
- Install Ruby on CentOS based Chef Workstation .
- Install and configure Chef Workstation and Chef Development Kit.
- Chef: Install Knife-azure Plugin.
- Creating a cookbook for Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine .
- Creating a Template for Chef Cookbook.
- Execute knife-azure to create Virtual Machine on Microsoft Azure.
In the last article, we discussed about Install Knife-azure Plugin
In this article we will create a template that will be used by a cookbook.
As we mentioned previously, we need to generate a template file which will be used as default.html page.
First of all we will execute the following command to generate the template:
chef generate template webserver Default.htm
In the last article we discussed about Install and Configure Chef Workstation and Chef Development Kit
In this article we will discuss about knife-azure plugin.
knife-azure plugin is distributed as a Ruby Gem. We have already installed Ruby and Chef Development Kit as well.
To install knife-azure plugin, run: gem install knife-azure
Depending on your virtual machine’s configuration run this command with root/administrator privileges.
In this post we will go through Hosted Chef account creation process.
Open browser and Go to https://www.chef.io/ and click on Management Console or visit https://manage.chef.io/login